Cinco de Mayo
What, did you think that Cinco de Mayo was about La Batalla de Puebla? Were you taught that on this day poor Mexican soldiers were able to do the unthinkable and defeat the prestigious muy acá French Army?
Híjole! Where have you been getting your facts from, actual history books or something?
Psssshhhhhh. Come on son, we all know Cinco de Mayo is the day white kids wear multi-colored panchos, oversized sombreros, and fake mustaches to celebrate how truly racist they can be. In fact in some regions across the States, Cinco de Mayo is also known as National I’m a Dumb Racist Day. That’s exactly what the college kids in the images above were celebrating back in ‘07. Aw man, good times, good times.
The celebration of gringomaximos celebrating Cinco de Mayo dates back to Columbus days when Christopher himself stepped onto Hispaniola and said, “Whoooo let’s get wasted and colonize some people up in here!” However, since dates are iffy the original celebration branched into 3 separate holidays—Cinco de Mayo, Thanksgiving Day, and Columbus Day.
Also, there are people who claim that Cinco de Mayo celebrates Mexican Independence Day and this is also true.
Because who needs facts when you’re privileged and white? Amirite?
So cheers and FUCK YOU white people!
looking at this in the face of white supremacist J.T. Ready murdering his ex girlfriend and their children makes me just want to punch every last one of these girls right in their cute funny little backs.
My family’s story is one of resilience. One that none of these assholes will never understand.
- erespielmorena likes this
- queermarxistfashionista likes this
- yosoyvaleria reblogged this from frijoliz
- girlscanbecruel likes this
- gangstache reblogged this from frijoliz
- g0ldlion reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- cigarettesandnightmares reblogged this from dancing-with-diversity
- resistresist reblogged this from dancing-with-diversity
- dancing-with-diversity reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- the-watcher-on-the-walls reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- fef reblogged this from anotherfeminist
- stayclassyandcarryon likes this
- revolucion-en-la-cama likes this
- notveryraven likes this
- ex-ist likes this
- kree-stee-yawn likes this
- archivedchaos reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- archivedchaos likes this
- mailgaze likes this
- basedjaysuave reblogged this from wallflowercries and added:
- chicadificil likes this
- magicalbelle reblogged this from prestame-tu-sueno
- kaboolieandme likes this
- prestame-tu-sueno reblogged this from frijoliz
- childishbambino likes this
- triguenaista likes this
- bobbarob reblogged this from aprilseye and added:
- brujitaxicanita likes this
- brwnjeanette likes this
- 1gringo1bullet reblogged this from aprilseye and added:
- piecemeister likes this
- weburyoursecrets likes this
- aprilseye reblogged this from tierracita
- fuckyeahkeithdraws reblogged this from deus--ex-machina
- fuckyeahkeithdraws likes this
- birkenstocksandrain said: or is it more of a culture thing? is there a word for culture-ist? culture discrimination? i wanna use ethnocentrism but it doens’t really fit here…
- always-tete reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- ihavecoolsocksontoday likes this
- alpacazen reblogged this from spoonyoyster
- nat-lara reblogged this from rudewords
- elenaaeting reblogged this from frijoliz
- monsterquill reblogged this from mattachinereview
- milkymoth likes this
- simplyqueer likes this
- coolcuke reblogged this from anotherfeminist and added:
- youkaigirlatthegate reblogged this from damnitdisney
- hermyisnotanowl reblogged this from bad-dominicana
- cockroachcafe likes this
- afrofuturisticlingo reblogged this from anotherfeminist
- kyojin-eren reblogged this from anotherfeminist and added: